THE RELAX KIDS PROGRAMME
Relax Kids is an effective, age appropriate and fun way to introduce children to a range of wellbeing techniques. It helps children to recognise their strengths and boost their confidence, positivity and self-esteem. It gives children simple but effective tools to increase resilience and emotional regulation, and to deal with stress and anxiety. Relax Kids sessions also provide lots of opportunity for developing a wider range of skills and attributes such as creativity, self-expression, co-operation and respect.
Relax Kids uses a special 7-step system. Each step has distinct wellbeing benefits, and it also works as a whole, to take children from high energy to relaxed and calm.
Relax Kids is award-winning and is used in over 40 countries. It is endorsed by child psychologists, therapists, social workers, teachers, learning mentors and SENCOs.
7 Steps of Relaxation
- Mindful Movement, which allow children to develop body awareness and create energy.
- Fun games which allow them to interact, share and communicate.
- Stretching exercises, to build self-awareness and restore calm to the nervous system
- Peer / self massage, encouraging children to interact in a kind way and develop body awareness.
- Playful breathwork to practice developing focus and calming strategies.
- Positive affirmations to develop a strong sense of self-worth and confidence
- Relaxations/visualisations, allowing the children to explore their imagination
Relax Kids in Schools and the Community.
Relax Kids is ideal for preschools, schools and community groups. It is very flexible and can be adapted and delivered to meet the needs of the setting:
- It can be done with full classes, small groups or as a 1 to 1.
- It is suitable for nursery and all primary ages.
- It is suitable for groups like the Brownies, Beavers and other community based groups and organisations.
- It can be adapted to include a topic or focus relevant to the school.
- It can be done as a ‘one off’ for wellbeing weeks etc or can be done over a few weeks or longer term to develop and embed the techniques.
Get in touch
Based in Truro, Cornwall.