Emma has a passion for creativity and wellbeing. She has always loved working with young people and supporting them to develop healthy coping strategies. Emma believes that giving kids a toolbox of life skills for their mental health and wellbeing, is a gift that they will use throughout their lives.
When Emma became a Mum to her son, she wanted to find playful, creative ways to teach younger children these wellbeing skills too and utilise them herself as a parent. Her interest and prior experiences inspired Emma to train as a Relax Kids Coach. She then founded Calm Ahoy Kids and developed her role as a Kids Creative Wellbeing Coach.
Emma focuses on playful breathwork, mindset positivity, relaxation and mindfulness skills. Emma has a Bachelor of Science degree in Social Work and has worked with children, young people and families for nearly 20 years. Emma has a wide variety of experience working in schools, health and community organisations. She has a background working in both the mental health and addiction fields.
She trained as a Relax Kids Coach in New Zealand and ran community classes as well as developing her skills alongside her role as a specialist mental health worker in an education setting for 3.5 years. Emma is a certified kids yoga teacher, certified MBSR-teens facilitator and certified Mind-be preschool mindfulness teacher. Emma is also a self published author of her children’s book, ‘The Feelings Hotel’ and creates her own wellbeing resources for children.
Education and Training
Emma has a current DBS check, safeguarding training Level 2 and first aid.
- Guided Imagery Certification Training – 2021
- MBSR – T (Stressed Teen Mindfulness Instructor Training) – 2021
- Student of MBCT for life – 8 Week Programme – 2019, 2020 and 2021, facilitator Lin Ong, Christchurch NZ.
- Student of MBSR – 8 Week Programme – 2019
- Mind-be Preschool Mindfulness Teacher Certification – 2020
- Cosmic Kids Yoga Teacher Certification – 2020
- Pause, Breathe, Smile Mindfulness Educator Certification – 2019
- Relax Kids Coach Certification – 2018
- Bsc in Social Work – University of Plymouth. 2009
- Originally from Cornwall in the UK, Emma and her family lived in New Zealand for 7 years and returned home to Cornwall in 2021. Her son is a Kiwi.
- Emma was a school social worker for 3.5 years. She worked with Children all over the South Island of New Zealand.
- Emma wrote and illustrated a children’s book called, The Feelings Hotel during lockdown in New Zealand, which was inspired by her own mindfulness practice.
- Emma in a former life, ran a vintage shop with her friend. It was called Two Little Birds. She still loves anything vintage.
- As a family they love campervanning and explored New Zealand in their campervan called Van Morrison. They now have a van in Cornwall called Big Bluey.
- Emma is a qualified kids yoga teacher and Emma and her son met Jaimie from Cosmic Kids when she visited New Zealand in 2019 and taught a class.