Welcome to Calm Ahoy Kids
Hello there! My name is Emma and I’m so glad you found Calm Ahoy Kids. When I became a Mum to my little boy, I wanted to create playful, creative ways to teach him well-being skills that I now love to share.
I have Bachelor of Science degree in Social Work and have worked with children and young people in schools and the community for nearly 20 years. I am also a trained Relax Kids Coach, kids yoga teacher and children’s mindfulness teacher.
I have always loved working with young people and supporting their mental health through teaching coping strategies and practicing creativity. I really enjoy using playful breathwork activities, mindset positivity techniques, relaxation and mindfulness skills.
Whether you are a busy parent, teacher, or caregiver; I hope you find fun ideas to try with your children! Take Care Emma x
Education and Training
- Guided Imagery Certification Training – 2021
- MBSR – T (Stressed Teen Mindfulness Instructor Training) – 2021
- Student of MBCT for life – 8 Week Programme – 2019, 2020 and 2021, facilitator Lin Ong, Christchurch NZ.
- Student of MBSR – 8 Week Programme – 2019
- Mind-be Preschool Mindfulness Teacher Certification – 2020
- Cosmic Kids Yoga Teacher Certification – 2020
- Pause, Breathe, Smile Mindfulness Educator Certification – 2019
- Relax Kids Coach Certification – 2018
- Bsc in Social Work – University of Plymouth. 2009
- Originally from Cornwall in the UK, I lived in New Zealand for 7 years and returned home to Cornwall in 2021, with my little Kiwi.
- I am trained Relax Kids coach and love using all the Relax Kids resources with my own son.
- I wrote and illustrated a children’s book called, The Feelings Hotel during lockdown in New Zealand, which was inspired by her own mindfulness practice.
- In a former life, I owned a vintage shop with my friend. It was called Two Little Birds. I still loves anything vintage an thrift shopping.
- As a family we love campervanning and explored New Zealand in our campervan called Van Morrison. They now have a van in Cornwall called Big Bluey.
- I am a qualified kids yoga teacher and with my son met Jaimie from Cosmic Kids when she visited New Zealand in 2019 and taught a class.